Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kirby was here...

On the back of this photo my Father (Bradford A. Pearson) typed: "Identification by Roy Pearson Jr. (Brad's Father) in a letter to his son on 12/6/90. "The young man with a cigarette is a shadowy figure from my childhood. The only name by which I knew him was 'Kirby'. I think he was a friend of my Father (Roy Pearson Sr.-LV) He always appeared on a motorcycle, and when we went out for a Sunday drive in our Model T or A Ford, he would often come along with us on his cycle. I remember especially one rainy, windy day when he was sliding from side to side of a very muddy road on his bike." Speculation (by Brad pearson-LV): Kirby might have been a boyhood friend of Roy Pearson Sr. and may have lived in Ballardvale (Andover). Kirby may have been a co-worker of Roy Pearson Sr. at Fellows & Company and may have lived in the Somerville area." I like this guy, I'm not sure why. I think it might be his clean shirt and hands coupled with his filty pants. He strikes me as a hard working no-nonsense guy but social enough to stop for a moment and allow his picture to be taken even though his expression clearly states, "I've got way better stuff to do than stand around and look pretty." I wish we knew more about him but I am so glad that my Father took the time to label this picture because otherwise I would have no clue who this guy was and would probably have travelled down a few erroneous genological paths by assuming him a relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment